/

My blog about living with Leukaemia, and how it has affected me.

Enjoy!

Wednesday 5 October 2011

CLIC Sargent Abseil - 1st October 2011

Hi guys!
Thought I'd let you know about my recent adventures!
I'm back at school again - woop woop! and I'm doing full weeks of school now, which I'm really glad about :) I'm seeing mates more and going to the gym once a week to keep myself in shape :) My most recent visit to UCLH went really well, and I went to visit the ward (as it was around the 29th September I came out of hospital last year). It was really good to visit again. The nurses said that I look so well that I look like a different person every time I go to visit them.
On the 1st October I did an abseil for CLIC Sargent, as they did so much for me and my family during my time on treatment. A lot of the things in my "Life With Leukaemia Isn't Always Bad" post were due to CLIC Sargent, so when the abseil came about, I jumped at the chance to give something back.
The abseil was off of a 75ft building in Canterbury Christ Church University , and I said to my friends that if I raised enough money, I'd do it dressed as spiderman - and I did!
It was sooo much fun! I did it with some of my family and, I'd totally do it again, and I'm pretty sure most of them would agree.  My family as a team has raised over £700 from the abseil for CLIC Sargent, so we're really chuffed with the result :).
To finish off the post, here are some pics from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment